I want to begin this post with a personal thought I have shared recently but now I really feel the commitment kicking in. I have really elevated in my mind to eat healthier. I cannot say that I have bad habits. I know I can eat more healthy more of the time. I am not in the mindset to get carried away with this idea but just to raise it in my mind so when I go to shop and prepare meals that I am focusing on the ingredients and the spices to bring out flavor rather than adding lots of fat. Let’s all see how this plays out.
Interestingly, this Berry Yogurt Parfait was rounding out a dinner that I made for friends who eat pretty healthy. So I planned to create a sweet, satisfying dessert but one that did not have 1000 calories.
- 1 quart Greek fat-free yogurt
- 1 large carton blueberries
- 2 cartons raspberries
- ½ cup cherry concentrate
- crushed graham crackers for garnish
- Pull out fun glasses and in this case I used martini glasses.
- Fill up the base with the cherry concentrate.
- Begin the layering with yogurt. Depending on the size of the glass, the quantity will vary. I put in a good amount of yogurt.
- Then added both raspberries and blueberries.
- The second layer began again with the yogurt and topped with each of the berries.
- The dessert was finished off with a sprinkling of graham crackers.
- Serve and enjoy.
The dessert is simply layered. It can be ready in minutes. This berry yogurt parfait would also make a great snack for kids.