This is such an easy dish to make but looks good and tastes good. The recipe was adapted from Sue Zemanick which I found in a people magazine. I do have to give most of the credit to the baking to my daughter Molly. We were busy in the kitchen cooking a number of things and she grabbed this one.
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees. Meanwhile, combine fruit with 1/2 cup sugar and 1 tbsp cornstarch. Use any fruit you like. You want about 3 pints. We use strawberries (quartered), blackberries, blueberries and raspberries.
- In a second mixing bowl, mix 3/4 cup flour, 1/2 cup of sugar, 1 tsp baking powder and 1/2 tsp salt.
- In a third bowl, mix your wet ingredients including 1 egg beaten, 1/4 cup of milk, 1/2 tsp vanilla extract and 6 tbsp melted butter
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well
- In ramekins, first place the berries a good 2/3 – 3/4 the way up the dish then spoon in the topping generally covering the fruit (the topping will expand)
- Cook for 20 – 25 minutes; let cool for 5 minutes and serve