These Baked Egg Boat are totally a fun idea, and this is totally, my daughter’s idea – 100%. She found this recipe and was waiting for the opportunity for us to try and make it. I have to say, and she needs to give me a shout out on this recipe, that I saved it big time. She hollowed out the bread a little too much. When we first poured in the egg mixture, it seeped out one of the sides. Peter to the rescue. What could we use that would plug the hole and not change the dish? Cream cheese. It worked perfectly.
Now I hope you do not need to use this trick. Just be careful as you hollow out the bread. You can make any egg mixture you like to add to the bread. In this recipe, we added onions, a couple colors of peppers and cheese. Very similar ingredients as if we were making an omelet but the egg mixture is baked in the oven. The egg boats have great texture and the bread is a great vessel for the eggs.
- 6 eggs
- 1 long french bread roll, hollowed out
- 1/4 red and green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 cup of cheddar cheese, divided
- Begin by hollowing out the bread.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs.
- Next, add in the onions, peppers and most of the cheese.
- Pour the egg mixture into the bread.
- Top with a little more cheese.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 20 - 25 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Add the Egg Mixture once Mixed Together.
Oops, you can see the eggs seeping through the bread. This shot is pre – cream cheese fix. This next shot is the final product. Isn’t it funny how our pics hide our mistakes? The final product tasted great.
Serve and enjoy!
Baked Egg Boats
- 6 whole Eggs
- 1 whole Long French Bread Roll Hollowed out
- 1/4 whole Red Bell Pepper diced
- 1/4 Whole Green Bell Pepper diced
- 1/2 whole Yellow Onion diced
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese shredded and divided
Begin by hollowing out the bread.
In a separate bowl, beat the eggs.
Next, add in the onions, peppers and most of the cheese.
Pour the egg mixture into the bread.
Top with a little more cheese.
Bake in a 350 degree oven for 20 - 25 minutes.
Serve and enjoy!