This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #EasyHolidayEats #CollectiveBias
The opportunity presented with this post was to create a sauce – of course, I made more than one – that would pair with Red Baron® French Bread Pizza Singles. This French Bread pizza is a newer product and cooks up really crispy. It is perfect for the holidays. I love it as an appetizer. The kids will love it and you can make it more sophisticated by adding either of the Ancho Sauce or Avocado Cream Sauce to serve with it.
As my audience knows, I love Mexican. Each of the Ancho Sauce and Avocado Cream Sauce are traditional Mexican sauce recipes. The ancho sauce has a really good kick to it. It is made by re-hydrating dried ancho chilies and I mixed in a few arbol chilies for good measure. After the anchos are re-hydrated, they are thrown into a blender with enough liquid to puree them. They are finished off by reducing the sauce a little bit in a pot.
The avocado cream sauce is really easy to make. In a blender, take one ripe avocado, some fat-free Greek yogurt, a squeeze from one-half of a lime and add a little cilantro. Each of the sauces pairs really well with the Red Baron® 5 Cheese & Garlic French Bread Pizza Singles. The ancho sauce adds a spice to the cheesy garlic bread while the avocado cream sauce compliments the flavors and adds some texture.
This Red Baron French Bread is ready in no time. I stopped at my local Walmart on the way home and these French Bread’s could be on the table in less than 10 minutes. If you are short on time for these upcoming holidays, consider stopping at your Walmart, picking up these French Breads and make the whole family happy.
- 10 dried ancho chilies
- 4 dried arbol chilies
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 cups water
- 1 whole avocado
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup fat-free Greek yogurt
- 1/2 fresh lime juice, squeezed
- 1 tablespoon cilantro stir-in paste
- Cook the French Bread Pizza Bread according to the box instructions.
- Place the dried chilies in a pot with very warm water and let soak for 30 minutes.
- Take the stems off the chilies and remove the seeds.
- Crush and peel the garlic. Place in the blender.
- Place all the chilies in the blender and add the water.
- Blend all the ingredients well.
- Pour into a stock pot with the top on and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to medium heat and reduce by one-third.
- Let cool and place in fridge until ready to serve.
- Place the avocado, yogurt, lime juice and cilantro stir-in paste in a blender.
- Puree until all ingredients are combined well.
- Take the baked French bread and either dip it in the ancho sauce or spread the avocado cream sauce on top.
Reducing the Ancho sauce in a stock pot.
The Red Baron French Bread plated with the 2 sauces.
I hope this has inspired you to not only pick up some Red Baron® French Bread Pizza Singles but to think of new ways to serve them this holiday season. If you do come up with a creative idea, be sure to reach out to me so I can check them out!