Little time and using everything left in the fridge except the kitchen sink. The result – frozen tilapia topped with a tomato serrano sauce on a bed of braised cabbage.
Ancho Chili Rubbed Tilapia on a bed of Braised Cabbage:
- Thaw the Tilapia in the pouches in a pot of warm water
- Remove the fillets from the pouches and season each side with a total of 1/4 tsp each salt, black pepper, oregano and ancho chili powder
- Place in a 200 degree oven to finish the cooking process for
- In a small sauce pan heat 2 tsp olive oil and saute 1 diced green onion, the white part just up to the green part; saute for 2 minutes
- Pour 1/2 cup of serrano tomato sauce (see Mexican brisket post)
- For the braised cabbage, heat 1 1/2 tbsp butter and 1 tbsp olive oil in a skillet on medium heat
- Add 1/3 of a head of green cabbage and 1/2 of a head of red cabbage roughly chopped to the pan and cook for 5 minutes
- Add 1 cup chicken stock, bring to a boil and reduce to low heat and simmer covered for 10 minutes
- Pour off the excess stock, season with 2 tsp salt, 1 tsp black pepper and 3 tbsp sherry and cook for 2 more minutes on low heat
- Assemble with the cabbage on the bottom, place the tilapia on next and finish by topping with a couple spoonfuls of the tomato serrano sauce.