The family loves chicken enchiladas. Merge it with a pizza and we have a fantastic new idea and an unbelievable spin on the traditional pizza.
Ancho Chicken Enchilada Pizza:
- Season chicken breasts generously with Lawry’s season salt and ancho chili powder
- Put on a grill on medium heat and cook approximately 10 minutes per side; remove and let cool
- In a saute pan, heat 3 tbsp of butter and when melted add 3 tbsp of all-purpose flour; mix thoroughly and continue cooking for 1 minute
- Add one 10 oz can of enchilada sauce and bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer
- Now to assemble the pizza, take a pre-made pizza crust (it was Friday night after work after all) and take 1/2 of the enchilada mixture spread around the crust; add 1/4 of the cut up chicken breast; cover with a colby monterey jack blend; add sliced green pepper, jalapenos and quartered cherry tomatoes
- Cook in a 425 degree oven for 7 – 9 minutes.