I love a good sandwich. A good sandwich is a typical part of my Sunday routine. During the week, however, if I bring a sandwich to work, I make it in a wrap. Why? Because my sandwich creations are more than putting meat and cheese on bread. I like to add flavor and often cole slaw. Challenge is that the flavor, sauce and the cole slaw make a sandwich soggy. The answer is the NEW Rubbermaid® fasten + go. This new sandwich carrier enables one to put the components of your sandwich in different containers. Then, when lunch comes at work (or school), take one minute and assemble a super fresh, non-soggy sandwich. My 3 Meat Deli Sandwich is a perfect example of taking advantage of this Rubbermaid® container.
I used this fasten + go container today. It was perfect. My bread was fresh and firm. I had my ancho aioli sandwich dressing in one container and my cole slaw in another container. When lunchtime arrived, I quickly assembled my sandwich. The product comes in one simple container that all fits together. Kind of like Legos. The smaller components snap right into the top of the bottom container which held the bread, meats and cheese. The sandwich kit also had one more small container that I did not use for this sandwich. Starting on 12/27/15 head to your local Target store to purchase the NEW Rubbermaid® fasten + go kits! Available in Entree, Sandwich, and Soup Kits!”
The sandwich I made combines the basics I love to put together in a sandwich. A mix of different meats, cheese, an aioli and cole slaw. My typical aioli has a little kick to it. This ancho aioli certainly does and I used the ancho sauce I made the other day as the base. Given the spice in my sandwich dressing, I wanted a crunchy item with some acidity. My go to is a cole slaw. The slaw comes together in a minute or so. Combine some olive oil, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, celery salt, pepper and dried oregano.
- 2 pieces rye bread
- 3 slices chicken breast
- 2 slices roast beef
- 2 slices corned beef
- 2 slices smoked gouda
- 1/4 cup fat-free Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons ancho sauce (see link for recipe)
- 8 ounce bag of shredded cabbage
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons celery salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- In a bowl, combine the oil, vinegar, lemon juice and spices.
- Pour the cabbage in the dressing and mix well. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the yogurt and ancho sauce. Mix well and set aside.
- Spread a good amount of the ancho aioli on the 1st piece of bread.
- Next, top with the cheese.
- Then, add the roast beef, chicken and corned beef.
- Finish by adding a whole lot of slaw.
- Serve and enjoy!
Ancho aioli and cole slaw.
The final 3 Meat Deli Sandwich.