I had the stale Italian bread leftover from sandwiches earlier in the week and a bunch of cherry tomatoes that would not be good much longer. Voila! Breaded Salmon topped with a mixture including the cherry tomatoes.
Breaded Salmon with Cherry Onion Mixture:
- For the breading, I took 4 small slices of the very stale Italian bread and placed into a Cuisinart with 3 tbsp olive oil, 2 tsp lemon juice and 2 tsp of dried chives and pulsed until I had a crumb like consistency (add more oil if the mixture is still dry)
- For the tomato mixture, 1/4, 8 cherry tomatoes and cut 3 small slices of a yellow onion, dice and put into a warm saute pan filled with 1 & 1/2 tbsp olive oil; cook for 2 minutes to soften and then add 1/2 tsp salt with 1 tsp each pepper, oregano and basil and cook for 2 – 3 more minutes
- Meanwhile, turn the oven on to 350 degrees; salt and pepper the salmon and generously apply the bread mixture
- Cook for about 10 minutes and finish by turning the oven to high broil – make sure you are on one of the top 2 racks and broil for 1 – 2 minutes – keep an eye on the broiling so you get browning and not burning
- Move to a plate and cover with the tomato onion mixture and enjoy