I have learned that by dressing the ground beef a little, you can really enhance the flavor. Today I added Worcestershire sauce, Lawry’s season salt and diced up red peppers. I topped the burgers with cheddar and monterey jack and a hot grill so you can get a nice crispness on the outside of the burger and summer has arrived!
2 Cheese Cheeseburger:
- Mix 1 lb of ground chuck and 1/2 lb of ground round; then add about 1/4 cup of diced red peppers, 3 tbsp Worcestershire sauce and finish with 3 tbsp of Lawry’s season salt.
- Turn your grill on medium and place burgers on grill – flatten a little to get more surface area on the grill
- Cook about 6 minutes per side (I make thick burgers)
- In the last 90 seconds or so of cooking and 3 slices of cheddar and 2 slices of monterey jack – shut the lid to get a really good melt.
- Let rest for a couple of minutes and assemble the burger the way you like – I used a piece red leaf lettuce, ketchup and mustard on a grilled bun.